Our rehab to home, Wing 5, offers assistance to anyone in the community after a major or minor orthopedic surgery, injury, stroke, cardiovascular difficulties, or an event that has left the individual unable to engage in customary routines.
Each patient is evaluated and an individualized program is recommended for recovery. The prescribed therapy is approved by the patient’s physician and adjustments are made based on the extent of the patient’s recovery. Through careful evaluation and open communication, we assist the patient to achieve a safe transition to independence.
Wing 5 offers private rooms lining a corridor that culminates in common areas: gym, lobby, dining room, and nursing area. The rooms also include cable TV and local phone service. This wing also has its own parking lot and entrance.
Ripley Crossing Offers New Rehabilitation & Wellness Services
Ripley Crossing has partnered with Healthcare Therapy Services, Inc. (HTS) to provide on-site physical, occupational and speech therapy services in addition to MoveWell TM Whole Person Wellness. HTS therapists are experts in rehabilitation for adults 50+ and utilize over 60 science-driven clinical programs such as cardiac, orthopedic, Stroke/CVA, low back, arthritis, pain management, to help people recover after injury or illness.
Meet Our Therapy Team:
- Krystle Kaiser, COTA, Rehab Manager –Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant with 3 years of experience
- Jul Alvarez, PT – Physical Therapist with 18 years of experience
- Talena Brown, PTA – Physical Therapy Assistant with 3 years of experience
- Emilie Salatin, COTA, – Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant with 2 years of experience
- Ellie Clendenin, Speech Therapist
- Telena Brown
- Amanda Driscoll
- Aleena Bhandari
Rehab Mascot: Jack (Maltese/ Shih-Tzu/ poodle) Alvarez.
Faster healing for a quick return home is our goal during a rehabilitation short-stay. Short-term rehabilitation services include private recovery suites, spacious therapy gym, state-of-the-art strength training equipment, and highly skilled and licensed therapists experienced in treating multiple diagnoses affecting older adults. Every person is evaluated and treated 1-on-1 by one of our highly skilled therapists. We offer therapy 7 days a week and customize all therapy plans to work with each person’s unique conditions and recovery goals. We have great success in helping people regain their strength and functioning so that they can return to the quality of life they enjoy.
Our passion is to offer the very best for our entire community. Outpatient therapy services are available for campus residents and surrounding communities. “We are well-equipped to provide the same therapy services at Ripley Crossing that you would receive at the hospital or another outpatient clinic. We offer flexible appointment scheduling and a convenient outpatient entrance with ample parking.” Cassie Murray, OTR, HTS Regional Director
MoveWell Whole Person Wellness: Active Aging Redefined
MoveWell is a whole person wellness program designed by therapists and exercise physiologists. This great program is coming soon to Ripley Crossing and will include exercise classes, health education and balance & fitness assessments. MoveWell is certified by the Arthritis Foundation and offers classes for balance, Tai Chi, yoga, strength, flexibility and cardio.
HTS is an independent, large regional provider of physical, occupational, speech therapy and senior wellness services. Operating in 4 states, HTS manages the delivery of a full spectrum of rehabilitation services in over 75 locations. HTS is a family owned, Christian based company founded in 1987 and headquartered in Greenwood, Indiana.
- Gait/Ambulation & Stair Training with or without an Assistive device
- Transfer Training
- Fall Prevention
- Wheelchair Positioning & Mobility
- Pain Management
- Therapeutic exercise for strength, balance, & range of motion
- Back Care & Body Mechanics
- Safety Awareness
- Caregiver Education & Training
- Progressive activities of daily living re-education such as skills for eating, dressing, grooming, & bathing
- Energy Conservation Techniques
- Re-education of home functions such as laundry, bed making, & other home skills
- Safety Awareness Education
- Cognitive Retraining
- Caregiver Education & Training
- Cognitive Retraining Treatments
- Treatments to reduce coughing or choking on foods or liquids
- Techniques to improve slurred speech
- Techniques and treatments to improve communication skills
- Treatments to improve memory, problem solving and safety awareness